Another recipe for lovers of vegetarian specialties – this time it is about tofu. 🙂 Honey Sesame Tofu cubes are full of sweet and spicy flavour and an easy way of preparing a delicious vegetarian meal. Good news is that it will only take you 15 minutes to prepare! Doesn’t this sound great?
This recipe is an answer to my search for the ideal tofu I tasted in Thailand. Thanks to the Asian way of preparation, the tofu is crispy on the outside and tender in the inside. This tofu just drives me crazy. I usually prepared tofu in some spices and soy sauce, but it has never tasted so good! So I dare to say that if you like tofu, you will probably love this recipe guys!
I just did some minor changes to the original recipe and substituted Sriracha with Harissa. The Honey Sesame Tofu tastes great with rice and steamed broccoli, but whatever vegetable is fine to make it a complete lunch. Below is the recipe – enjoy and let me know if you like it! 🙂
- 1 brick tofu (250 g)
- 1 tbsp. peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. honey
- 2-3 tsp. Harissa
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 branch spring onion, chopped
- Drain tofu and wrap it in paper towels to remove excess water, repeat 3-4 times. Cut the brick into small cubes and dust them with the corn starch.
- Prepare the sauce: mix the soy sauce, vinegar, honey and harissa together.
- On a medium large pan, heat the peanut oil and when hot enough, fry garlic for about 30 seconds. Keeping the high temperature, being careful of oil spits, you can add dusted tofu cubes and fry them until slightly golden (about 7 minutes). Stir in the sauce and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sesame oil, mix all well. Serve with rice and steamed broccoli, decorated with chopped spring onion.
Have you tried the recipe?
Please do let me know how it turned out – you can do that either via leaving a comment below or sharing your picture on Instagram using the hashtag #1001voyagesgourmands !