Seems like the cold weekends are now gone! I am happy to welcome spring but still not ready to say bye to weekend days when due to the severe cold weather I decided to just stay home and besides watching movies with a cup of warm tea, I could also focus on writing travel posts (have you already read about Puerto Rico?) or shooting recipes such as this one. Is there anyone who can understand that? 😀 I prepared this delicious tasty Quinoa Salad with Oranges, Feta and Mint again one of the recent Sunday mornings, took some shots and after had it for lunch. This allows me to finally share the recipe with you! 🙂
With the arrival of spring, I am sure some of you have already started to prepare themselves for the summer. And so this recipe for a healthy and fresh salad full of flavors may come in hand! I love quinoa salads in general as they are very healthy and full of proteins and therefore, you don’t need to stuff yourself with bread as the quinoa will keep you away from being hungry in the next hours.
I have been making this quinoa salad with oranges, Feta and mint for some time already and don’t remember where exactly I got the original recipe. But here is my version of it and I hope you will enjoy it. If you make it, please let me know how it turned out via the below comments!
Happy spring friends! 🙂
- 120 g red quinoa
- 3 oranges
- 2 tbsp. virgin olive oil
- 10 black olives, pitted
- 1 shallot
- 50 g corn salad
- 150 g Feta cheese
- 4 tbsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
- salt, pepper
- Prepare the quinoa according to the instructions on the package (put in a saucepan together with 3 times bigger volume of water, bring to boil and cook for 15 minutes until the water is absorbed. Set aside and allow to cool down.
- For the orange dressing, juice one orange and mix it with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel the two remaining oranges and cut each into small chunks. Chop the shallot. Cut Feta cheese and black olives into small pieces.
- In a large salad bowl, mix the quinoa with corn salad, oranges, shallot, feta, black olives, salad, and mint. Season with orange dressing and serve.