If you want to prepare just some healthy and easy bites for aperitif that will make happy not only vegetarians, try these super healthy vegetarian snack! Sweet Potato and Avocado Bites are small round melba toasts with a slice of baked sweet potato, mashed avocado, half of cherry tomato and radish sprouts.
The bites are really miniature and so you can serve them for aperitive with some other bites. I did them last time for our pintxos dinner for about 8 people together with Black Olive Tapenade and other bites and it was a great success. These are far away from typical basque pintxos but I just wanted to add some veggie stuff to the table.
The sweet potato and avocado bites are easy to make and ready in about a half an hour.
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into 0,5 cm thin slices
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 large avocado, pitted
- Juice from 1 lime
- 15 cherry tomatos, halved
- 1/2 cup radish sprouts
- 1 pack of melba toasts
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl, mix the cumin with paprika, salt and olive oil. Toss the slices of sweet potatoes in the mixture.
- Line the baking sheet with parchement paper and place the seasoned potato slices on it. Bake for approximately 15 minutes, until tender.
- Mash the avocado with a fork, season with lime juice and salt.
- Place the melba toasts on the serving plate, put a slice of sweet potato on each, then add a tsp. of mashed avocado, half of cherry tomato and top with the radish sprouts.