Delicious banana bread made with date honey instead of sugar. Who would guess these two flavours are such a divine combination! You will have delicious breakfast or a quality tea time with this Banana & Date Honey Bread. Also, this is an elegant way to get rid of rape bananas and the cake is very easy to prepare.
I have tried several banana bread recipes, but recently I developed a recipe that directly became my favorite one. I find the texture just perfect! It is moist and soft, even with less butter.
And delicious! I replaced the sugar with date honey that my dad brought me from Israel. Few months I had it in my closet, wondering how should I use it – sometimes I prepared my morning oats with it but nothing special, until one day when I got the idea of using it in connection with bananas and to do a banana bread with it. The result is just excellent! Don’t you believe me? Try it!
- 3 bananas, very ripe
- 2 tbsp. apple juice
- ½ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup date honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180³C. Grease and flour the cake pan.
- Using a fork, mash the bananas until smooth, add the apple juice and set aside. In a big bowl, mix the melted butter with eggs, add date honey and vanilla extract. Incorporate the bananas with apple juice.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda and fold into the liquid ingredients.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake it for about 45-50 minutes, doing the toothpick test.
- If you find the loaf not sweet enough, just spread it with chocolate!
If you like moist cakes made of mashed fruits or vegetables that are ideal for breakfast but also as an afternoon snack to go with tea/coffee, try also my Zucchini Hazelnut Bread with Gingerbread Spices! You will love it!
Have you tried the recipe?
Please do let me know how it turned out – you can do that either via leaving a comment below or sharing your picture on Instagram using the hashtag #1001voyagesgourmands !