Do you like couscous? Personally, I love it no matter how it is prepared! If you like the typical Morrocan vegetable couscous, courgettes, Quorn (can be substituted by other vegetable protein) and pistachios, then you will most probably love this couscous too! Thanks to the orange sauce, the couscous is well moist and a little bit spicy, although you can play with the amount of harissa. Courgette, Quorn and Pistachio Couscous and lightly spicy orange sauce is an easy, tasty and moist couscous, ideal as a summer main course.
I love this meal as it is full of different tastes – orange, harissa, coriander, courgettes and pistachios, all of these make a great mixture! In the original recipe, chicken played the main role, but I do it usually with egg cheese that I buy in the Czech Republic, but I also tried to do it with Quorn, a mycoprotein, that is available in Belgium and other countries. The meal is super easy and quite quick to prepare! You just fry the courgette and Quorn, prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the package, prepare the orange sauce, and then you mix all together, adding the coriander and pistachios in a bowl and that´s it!
The courgette in couscous is a great thing and together with orange sauce is a heavenly combination! The orange sauce is slightly spicy thanks to harissa, but if you don´t like too hot, use just a bit of it and the other way round. You will need oranges in the bio quality in order to be able to use the zest in the recipe. And then it comes to the pistachios and coriander, which are the cherry on the top in this Courgette, Quorn and Pistachio Couscous.
- 200 g couscous
- 200 g Quorn, chopped into small chunks
- 2 courgettes, cut lengthways and chopped into slices
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 bio oranges
- 1 tbsp. white vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp. harissa
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- a large handful pistachios, roughly chopped
- Prepare the couscous according to the instructions on the package.
- In a large pan, heat 2 tbsp. olive oil and fry the courgette until golden. Set aside.
- In another pan, heat 1 tbsp. olive oil and fry the Quorn a bit, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Prepare the orange sauce: grate the orange zest and juice both oranges, mix together and add harissa and vinegar.
- In a large bowl, mix together the couscous, courgette, Quorn and the orange sauce. Add chopped pistachios and coriander and stir all together.
Have you tried the recipe?
Please do let me know how it turned out – you can do that either via leaving a comment below or sharing your picture on Instagram using the hashtag #1001voyagesgourmands !