Sometimes during the beggining of the year, I am so tired and cold, and this is why there is nothing better for me than coming home from work and preparing a quick warm cream soup. You just fry the onion, throw in the veggies, cook and mix all together. Such an easy and tasty dinner!
My creamy carrot & Boursin soup warms and cheers you up with its shiny orange-yellow colour. I used cream cheese Boursin garlic and fine herbs, which gives this carrot soup a special taste. If you cannot get this cheese where you live, or if you prefer homemade option, you can also make your own Boursin – here is an easy recipe.
So here you go with the recipe! Enjoy! 🙂
- 1 onion
- 10 g butter
- 700 g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 100 g Boursin cheese garlic and fine herbs
- Salt, pepper
- Chives for decoration
- Heat the butter in a large pan, add the onion, fry for 5 minutes until soften.
- Add the carrots and stock, bring to boil and then cook for 20 minutes on a reduced heat.
- Add ¾ of the Boursin and mix all together with hand mixer until smooth.
- Pour into 4 bowls and decorate each one with a tea spoon of the rest of Boursin and chives.